LEARN ABOUT ARTIST ALLEY
Let’s Play 2017 Artist Guidelines
Welcome to the Let’s Play 2017 Artist Alley. We’re thrilled to see your application to be part of our event. Please take a moment to read through our convention artist policies before submitting your information. Afterwards, please send the attached 2017 application to: email@example.com
- Artist registration for our 2017 year is $50.00 USD. This fee includes both the artist’s table space (one 8’x3’ table and two chairs) and ONE artist badge. These badges are equivalent to an adult weekend badge to our event, but will be marked for artist identification. Badges for additional attending artists or studio members can be purchased as normal weekend event registration. These additional badges can then be marked at request.
- No additional tables can be purchased separate of additional artist registration. If a studio or group of artists wishes to have multiple tables, they must all be applied for individually. Tables can, however, be grouped together as best as our location will allow. Please include pertinent information in the completed application. For special/complicated arrangements or questions regarding these issues please contact the head of the Artist Alley department. We will do our best to accommodate requests, but the earlier we know of them the better.
- Let’s Play is unable to provide additional table accoutrements. Any racks, boxes and other displays are the responsibility of the artist and/or studio. Additionally, the walls of the Artist Alley location will NOT be able to accommodate posters or signage. We will do our best to make electrical and power outlets available to each table space but are unable to make guarantees at this time.
- The Let’s Play 2017 Artist Alley aims to provide an opportunity for independent artisans and craftspeople to sell their handmade or otherwise original work. As such ONLY these types of items will be allowed for sale at any Artist Alley booths. If you are looking for a place to sell market/industry stock items and wares please inquire with our Vendor and Exhibitor Room staff.
- Original drawings, crafts and fanworks will be permitted for sale. However any artist or studio found to be plagiarizing copyrighted works as their original creation or selling items not of their original make/design will be asked to leave and banned from any future events.
- Let’s Play 2017 is a family-focused event. All images and art on display must meet public PG standards. Our organization supports art as a means of expression and recognizes the merit of potentially adult themes, but will not allow them for sale at this time. Let’s Play 2017 reserves the right to ask artists to remove items not meeting these standards from their displays.
- Let’s Play 2017’s Artist Alley will be located down the one of our convention space’s main hallway thoroughfares. While this location guarantees our artists the best traffic and attention from our con goers we can offer, this location does not allow us to provide a secure location for storage overnight and after hours.
- Let’s Play 2017 will have convention staff and volunteers present to assist whenever possible, but the event is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property or wares.
- Convention hours will be Friday-Saturday 10:00 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday 10:00 am to 4:00 PM. Artists and studios will be responsible for setting their own setup and tear down hours. We obviously recommend that artists keep their booths open generally within that time frame, but Let’s Play 2017 will not be enforcing any opening or closing times for artist sales.
- The convention space will be available Thursday, June 29th. Artists and studios will be able to check-in and view their table location if desired.
- Any further questions or clarifications can be sent to the department head at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.